International Student Application
All International students are required to read the rules and guidelines and ensure they fully understand all the requirements for their study at RESTU COLLEGE. There are mainly three (3) steps to the international student application process:
Below is the standard procedure for a typical international student wanting to study at RESTU COLLEGE:
- STEP 1 SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
- STEP 2 LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
- STEP 3 VISA APPROVAL LETTER
International students are advised to read the requirements for admission carefully and ensure all information submitted is complete.
1. Obtain an International Application Form from RESTU COLLEGE or download from our website.
2. Complete the form and attach the following documents:
International students applying from country of origin (New applicants)
- To apply, please make payment of RM2,000 for application and student visa processing fee;
- 10 recent passport sized photographs (4cm X 5.5cm, blue background) with name and passport number written on the reverse side;
- Certified true copies of all academic qualifications;
- One (1) full set of photocopy of your passport – include all pages, including blank pages. (The passport must have a validity period of at least 12 months);
- English translations of all documents submitted; and
- Completed Medical Report
International students applying within Malaysia (Transfer student)
- To register, please make payment RM2,000 for application and student visa processing fee; together with all documents listed above;
- Offer letter will be issued by RESTU COLLEGE;
- Request for the following documents from recent college/ institution and ensure that all documents are CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES by the college/ institution;
- Release letter;
- Attendance record
- Result slip or academic transcripts or certificates.
3. The documents shall be mailed or couriered to RESTU COLLEGE address listed on the Application Form.
4. Initial fee payment RM 2,250 inclusive of application fee and student visa processing, payable by telegraphic transfer or bank draft to Restu Holdings Sdn Bhd bank details found on Application Form.
5. Please write student name, passport and contact number at the reverse side of the cheque, bank draft or telegraphic transfer slip.
Upon receipt of application form, required fees and relevant supporting documents, as explained above, RESTU COLLEGE will post and email a copy of the Letter of Acceptance to the students if the International Student meets the entry requirements.
RESTU COLLEGE will submit the documents to the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and Malaysian Immigration Department to begin processing the Visa Approval Application.
This process will take approximately 6-8 weeks.
When REST COLLEGE has received the required fees i.e. have been credited into Restu Holdings Sdn Bhd bank account via Telegraphic Transfer or Bank Draft, it will courier the original Letter of Acceptance and the Original Visa Approval Letter to the eligible international student.
Note:- *It is the prerogative and responsibility of the international student to check with the Malaysian Embassy in the respective home/ source country with regards special requirements or visa requirements before coming into Malaysia. For example, the international student may need to apply for Single Entry Visa to enter into Malaysia, in order to avoid a fine. *Students from Africa are required to take the necessary inoculations, particularly against the Yellow Fever Vaccination before coming into Malaysia. Students are advised to carry along the Medical Certificate for verification by the Malaysian Immigration Department
In Home Country
International student MUST provide RESTU COLLEGE admin office with the following information by fax attention or email at least 10 days before departure:
- Date of Arrival
- Time of Arrival
- Flight name and numberAirport name i.e. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) or LCC Terminal in Sepang
RESTU COLLEGE shall not be held liable or responsible as a result of failure to adhere to the above requirement.
Before leaving for the airport, International Students are advised to double-check to ensure that he/ she brings along the following important documents:
- Passport (with at least 12 months of validity)
- Original copy of Visa Approval Letter or Valid Entry Visa
International Student may be required to fill in and complete the Malaysian Disembarkation Card, which may be distributed by the airline crew or at the airport.
International students are advised to be fully aware of the tuition fees and other administrative charges and fees of the college before departing from their home country.
A copy of the latest fee structure may be available from RESTU COLLEGE, its agents and representatives.
International students are advised to carry approximately RM500 to RM1000 in cash to cover expenses in Malaysia for the first one or two weeks. Students should also bring other funds to be drawn in Ringgit either in the form of bank draft of via electronic transfer in a bank account in Malaysia. Notes: *Bank clearings may take one week for electronic transfers, and 3-4 weeks for bank drafts *It is more convenient to transfer funds electronically when depositing large sums of money into bank accounts.
*The Ringgit Malaysia (RM) is the basic unit of exchange. Both paper notes and coins are used.
It is advisable for international students to obtain doctor’s advice on the type of medications necessary and required immunisations that had been given in the past. International students are also advised to be aware of the medications that he or she is allergic to. Having a document that details one’s health history with oneself may prove to be helpful.
Climate & Clothing
The average temperature is 28 degrees Celsius at daytime. Annual rainfall is heavy at 2500mm (100 inches).
Do expect relatively high humidity at 80% throughout the year. Students are advised to wear light colours and sweat absorbent materials such as cotton for daily dressing.
Electric supply is on a 240-volt 50-cycle system. Please ensure that the electrical goods from your country are compatible to use in Malaysia.
Before leaving the country for Malaysia, please check to ensure that your passport is current, with at least 12 months validity. Passport renewal may take several months. You are advised to apply for renewal at least 2 months before the expiry date to avoid inconveniences